From development to runtime production
The NeoMAD product provides a framework with a local compilation of the application. All mobile phones can be targeted with one single source code. Furthermore, it makes additional tools available, such as IDE plugins (Integrated Development Environment), a font editor, etc.
A set of functionalities is available in the NeoMAD libraries. These libraries conceal portability issues, make functionalities easier to use and reduce the code’s size.
Access information from a database in order to find out which phones can be used with your application.
Neomades offers its clients two types of approaches: license and services.
In license mode you drive your development:
- NeoMAD is installed on your computer(s)
- The license fee depends on the number of applications created during the year and the number of supported phones
- Prototyping is free – license fees are due when your application is released on the market
- The license can be shared between different partners for a given project (e.g. studio for creation, partner for target generation)
- Neomades provides maintenance, support and updates
In service mode Neomades helps you with regard to a selected part of your development process:
- Integrate your Java mainstreams in NeoMAD for you in order to obtain a single code
- Generate runtimes for you
- Realize functional or compatibility tests for you (in association with partners)
- Maintain you application for availability on new phones
All these services are defined through service contracts and can be combined with licensing.
Creating a mobile application with NeoMAD requires the 3 following steps.
Source code must be written in JavaME MIDP and use the NeoMAD libraries in order to enter the NeoMAD generation process. Either the application is developed in a native way by the creator (license) or the already existing application is integrated in the NeoMAD environment by the developer or a third party (license).
Based on a NeoMAD compliant source code, the JavaME, RIM or Android runtimes are generated by the NeoMAD compiler, either by the developer (license) or by a third party (license).
Runtimes are fully tested on target phones according to a test plan that brings together the application’s functional aspects and all network interoperability rules. These tests can be performed by a third party or by partners of Neomades.
Here are some of the many benefits of using NeoMAD for your mobile application development:
- One complete toolkit
- Single source code
- Add new handsets to an application
- Accelerate the application development
- Collaborative work
- Facilitate the maintenance
- Automate binary generation
- Quickly create prototypes